Thursday, May 20, 2010

Friendship

I have a close friend. She is my confidant. She is my accountability partner.

We are in a group, much like the Golden Girls. We would both be Sophia, witty and quick. I have shared with this friend some of my most personal thoughts and experiences. She loves me anyway. We have laughed and cried together within the same hour. She has seen me with no make-up, hair a wreck, with post-partum raging. She loves me anyway. We are the type of friends that meet on the playground and remain close for eternity. The only difference is we met long after the playground, in a rough era of our life. She loves me anyway.

My friend hurts. She aches.

Her heart walks around outside of herself. Her heart is her children. She has some really spectacular children. This is about one.

Her child is not well. Her child feels bad. Her child has physical symptoms of unknown origin (translation= diagnosis unsure). The reality is this is a terrifying situation. For all parties involved. Mother. Child.

But there is more. Even though her children are her heart, this child grew in the heart of her husband. A special bond. A wonderful relationship. He hurts, too.

I ask you to pray for this family. I ask you, with your humble heart, to ask God to move.

Pray specifically for the healthcare workers who come into contact with this child. Pray that God will give them knowledge to provide this family with answers and treatment options.

Pray God gives the child's parents words of comfort and strength during trying times.

Pray I will be a good friend to her.

3 comments:

  1. This is a true picture of what friendship should be. Thanks for sharing. Will be praying for your friend and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers sent to your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. City Girl, this is some very impressive writing you have here! I love this and I love you!

    ReplyDelete