Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A love letter to Husband

When the rain is blowing in your face


And the whole world


Is on your case


I could offer you


A warm embrace


To make you feel my love



Dearest Husband,

Honestly, when I look back at where we've been, I think what were we thinking.








And I'm not even talking about my hair. (Move along, people. Nothing to see here.)

We thought we could survive anything. We would be different. We would make it.


But we hadn't been through anything. There was little to survive. Nothing to make us different. Who doesn't make it when its easy? When its simple?

A lot has changed since then.

I can now say that we are surviving. We've gone through things that some people never do. And at our age, we've been through things we thought we had time before we would face.



When the evening shadows


And the stars appear


And there is no - one there


To dry your tears


I could hold you


For a million years


To make you feel my love



We've been to dark places, but we were together.

We've been scared, uncertain, and extremely weak, but not at the same time.

When one of us struggled, the other found enough strength for us both.

When one stumbled, the other broke the fall.


I'd go hungry


I'd go black and blue


I'd go crawling


Down the avenue


Know there's nothing


That I wouldn't do


To make you feel my love


In those times, we realized how important we were. Those times inevitably brought us closer. Gave us a new appreciation for one another.



I could make you happy


Make your dreams come true


Nothing that I wouldn't do


Go to the ends


Of the Earth for you


To make you feel my love



It's important to appreciate the tragedies along the way. To recognize where we were and know where we're going. To remember that those times don't define us. They mold us.


Adele Make You Feel My Love lyrics in italics

No comments:

Post a Comment