Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Sing it

Apparently, yesterday's ferocious thunderstorm I drove through made it's way to my home, because by the time I made it there, the lights had went out. 

That's the night that the lights went out in Georgia
sing it Reba

I couldn't resist myself.   You can thank me later when you cannot get that song out of your head. 

We made the most out of an inconvenient situation, once Entergy's automated system told us our power would not be restored until tomorrow, which is today. 

We fired up the grill and the accompanying side burner.  We reheated tenderloin on the grill, stewed some squash, and heated some green peas.  The entire time Little keeps running out in the rain, Husband keeps correcting her, and she replies, "I'm sorry, Daddy.  It's an accident."  By the seventeenth accidental time she ran out in the ran, Husband made a move toward her, which resulted in her running around my car to get behind me.  We are definitely in for it.

At some point, we made it inside and ate by candlelight.  After supper, Little kept trying to cut the TV on.  I managed to think about my lap top being charged, so we were able to watch some of a DVD on the computer prior bedtime. 

And since she's a little afraid of the dark, I allowed her to sleep with me.  Husband is a big ole chicken and slept on the couch. 

(He's paying for it today.  You can't spell couch without "ouch."  I just came up with that on the spot.  Maybe I should pursue a career in marketing.  You know, like coming up with catchy slogans.)

(On second thought, I'd probably have to come up with something for a product that I couldn't think of anything nice to say about it.  Like 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioners, which should really be 3-in-1 shampoo, conditioners, and tangles.)

Can someone explain to me the Law of Children's Sleep Movements?  Little, to be so little, takes up three-fourths of the bed.  Apparently, her feet were cold, because they reverted back to digging into my ribs, like way back in 2008.  Umm, I thought those days were over.  Apparently not.

The power was restored sometime around midnight.  Which makes complete and utter silence turn into all sorts of noises that you never pay attention to but somehow call peace and quiet. 

And I realize that I am just rambling.  This kind of stuff may be what the blog turns in to.

1 comment:

  1. I, like many I am sure, would love to see some updated photos of the little nuggets. Congratulations on being a stay-at-home Mom. I personally could not do it but applaud the many who do. I once did not work for eight months when Madie was in First grade. Once the school found out I was on every committee and volunteered for every program under the Sun. Keep it a secret as long as you can.lol Also a Mom's work is never done so I am sure you will stay busy.

    ReplyDelete