Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Sass

Hello. Welcome to Sassiness.

Little has developed such a little, um..., personality here lately. We never know what she is going to say next.

So this weekend, I am washing dishes. Husband is hunting. Little Foot has a complete meltdown, because I cannot come play in her room at that very millisecond.

My suggestion is that she bring a toy and play in the floor of the kitchen while I finish the dishes. Now it took some convincing, but she kindly obliged.

As she is walking out of the kitchen, she turns to me and says, "Mommy, my get a toy. I be wight back. You stay wight there."

I say, "Okay, Baby. I will stay right here. Go get your cash register."

She turns to run to her room. Before I can get back to scrubbing the caked on stickiness off of Little's sippy cups, I hear her say, "You hear me?"

And I turn, and she is asking me if I hear her. To make sure I am "hearing her", I ask, "What did you say?"

Little says, "You stay wight there. You hear me?"

Oh, Goodness. Now, this isn't all of it.

Last night, as I am getting home from work, she meets me at the door. She has my new lunch bag that I got for Christmas, might I add that I have not even been able to utilize the lunch bag. (Told you Grandma and Aunt Jenny.) The lunch bag is full of refrigerator magnets, keys, and other stuff, I suppose, seeing how I can not touch it.

Little says, "Me bag."

I reply, "I see. I like your bag."

She says, "Mommy, 'mon. Play. MereMere's room."

I tell her okay, and take her hand as she is pulling me along to her room.

She begins to play with Play Dough, so I begin to play with her cash register.

In the next instant, she yanks the cash register away from me.

Little says, "Enough," and then, she puts the cash register in her toy box.

With the second birthday fast approaching, I must make a mental note:

" 'Mon. Play. MereMere's room." translates to "Sit there. Be quiet. Don't touch anything."

1 comment:

  1. Can't believe this little angel is already two! She's turning into a big girl now! ;)

    ReplyDelete