Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Genius

I managed to do some cleaning out of Little's toy box. It was a spontaneous cleaning event. When Baby Pink, our beloved baby doll, has lost her spoon, Mommy must become an archaeologist and dig through the years of toys.

I will stop here, and inform you that I cleaned out the toy box so well that Husband has not even noticed.

One might ask if that upsets me. The answer is no. Let me tell you why.

Before a child stakes claim on your home and all of its contents, everything belongs to you. If you want to throw away anything, you can. No one complains. No one notices.

But after that precious little one comes, nothing is yours. (Not even bathroom time.) So when you cut a piece of Christmas wrapping paper too short to wrap the intended present, you keep it. It is still in the guest bedroom on May 3. Why? Because the world would stop turning if Little did not have access to that particular piece of wrapping paper.

Where was I? Oh, toy box. So I gathered up toys and put them away without any notice from anyone.

Genius. Yes I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment